Free School Meals
You may qualify for free school meals if you receive one of the following benefits.
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-based and Contributions-based JSA and ESA on an equal basis
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – during the initial roll-out of the benefit.
Universal infant free school meals
All pupils in reception, year 1 and year 2 in state-funded schools are now entitled to free school meals.
It is important that all parents who receive one of the benefits listed above register for free school meals as this will enable your child's school to claim "pupil premium allocation". You will also receive a free £5 voucher towards school uniform if you register.
The pupil premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise attainment. This additional funding for schools can help to buy new equipment and resources. Please see more information on how Arnbrook uses it's pupil premium funding here or ask to speak to Mrs Stringfellow in school.
To register please use the citizen portal here
Free milk is available for:
- Children under the age of five in school or daycare.
Milk is subsidised for all other pupils in primary education and in special schools. To register for free school milk if your child is under five or to pay for school milk please follow the links here.
Applying for free school meals
The information needed to register includes:
- Personal details (including national insurance number and date of birth) for you and your partner
- Child’s details in full including their date of birth and the school they attend
- If eligible for free school meals, the start date will normally be within two days of parents contacting us and entitlement being verified. We will also write to confirm the date the child’s free school meals and milk will start.